discovering a simpiler life

discovering a simpiler life

Saturday 7 February 2015

a summer day at home



The weather here in South West Victoria has been unseasonably cool...I couldn't be happier, except I need some heat for my darling tomatoes to come on thick and fast, but I'm afraid I'm a cold bod, cold hands - warm heart :)


We had been at home day after day of the school holidays, which don't get me wrong is fine and should be done on the holidays, but it was time for a little adventure, only a few minutes from home.
Mr. GW and I told our little person it was a surprise and she was super excited.
We were heading for an area of our rugged, gorgeous shipwrecked coast called "Shelly Beach" which can go unnoticed by the tourist set, much to us locals delight at such a secret nook.
It's an easy walk and it was just nice to be out in the wind, blowing out the cobwebs of the indoors, and searching for the coastine for treasure.








So many beautiful and different shells all worn down to smooth edges from years and years of waves and rubbing together.  I did collect a little stash that I'm thinking I could use as buttons on some winter crochet thingies running threw my mind to possibly make.





Isn't it fabulous!  We made it back to the car and it poured rain and the wind whipped up even stronger.  It was time to go home.  We really do live in a wonderful part of the world.

I love capturing these photos, but I apologise for them not being the best - shadows and too much softened edges but it was so windy and sunny that it was hard for me to even see on my phone what I was actually taking photos of!!

Ciao, Jan x

16 comments :

  1. Your beach pictures are just amazing. What a beautiful spot to be able to walk to and I just love all the shells. Having moved to the mountains a few years back, your beach pics are making me miss the ocean. Enjoy your weekend and the balmy temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, it really is a rugged beautiful spot....although, the mountains would have their own beauty I'm sure.

      Delete
  2. It's lovely to be able to get out into nature and explore. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos Jan. They capture the essence of an Australian childhood perfectly :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine, they do don't they....I figure my daughter can have my blog as my memoirs :) x

      Delete
  4. you have a lovely coastline there & your photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos Jan - blue skies and beaches couldn't be further from my reality. You're so lucky to have it all on your doorstep - what a beautiful part of the world you live in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully some blue skies are on your horizon soon!!

      Delete
  6. It is fabulous! And I love those shells. We are making the most of our grey skies and puddles around here. This was a pleasant reminder that at least it is summer somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be your turn soon I'm sure!! I can't wait for puddles and grey skies......

      Delete
  7. Hi Jan, good to meet you. Beautiful photos, what serenity. It's nice to meet a fellow kitchen gardener. Love your blog and look forward to following :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jem, I'll pop over and check your little spot out....cheers Jan x

      Delete
  8. Jan, I think the photos capture your day perfectly. Love the pink wellies :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...