discovering a simpiler life

discovering a simpiler life

Sunday 29 June 2014

A year ago today...and a photo a day for the month of June 2014 ~ week 4

A year ago today I started this blog.  You can see my first post here and I love seeing how the blog has progressed and as I've grown and learnt so the blog has evolved.  I haven't been quite as committed to the blog this year, I think I'm trying to live all I've learnt and sometimes getting the camera out to document meals and processes really can take away from just living, doing and being. 
But, I still enjoy the process and will be  forever grateful that I started this, at the time, sanity saving blog. Little did I know. 

Today is also the last day of the photo a day for June, here's this weeks photos.

Day 22 "growing" peas in the ground protected by empty bottles


Day 23 "in this moment" my lunch that day 


Day 24 "what June looks like" we have been having some crazy weather~winter has hit us hard in Victoria.


Day 25 "sun flare"


Day 26 "dreaming" of when my peach tree is full again


Day 27 "loving" my new hobby ~ I'm hooked


Day 28 "bed" with the electric blankie on!


Day 29 "delight"of having hot chocolate on a cold winters day


Day 30 "the end"


So that's it, the end of the June photo a day.  July's photo a day challenge has been released, you can check it out here.  As much as I've love, love, loved doing this challenge, I really want to put some energy back into the blog about food!! Although, if I'm really honest, my crochet has taken over my life! I'm almost at the end of my first project and have so many ideas of colours and granny squares.  Another example of just what you can do if you just give something a go.  I had always told myself I wasn't crafty, let alone ever see myself standing at the wool section in Spotlight agonising over them all, and, ahem, going 2 days in a row.  I only usually did this in the supermarket or when buying wine :D

Have a great week!


Ciao, Jan x

1 comment :

  1. I love your little crochet squaresmandin fact it is the pattern I bought my wool for did one square and then have not got back to it. They look great and I love the pop of red. It's funny how when you start this path of simple living the crafts just seem to fit and a new or renewed interest comes about. Glad you made the chocolate slice it's a good one and I've made my fair share of recipes but that is our gô to slice. Love the photo challenge too. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...